Do you, or are you planning on working from home? Here’s what you need to know
Many businesses and industries are becoming a lot more accepting of remote working. If working from home is an option for you, here are our top tips for ensuring optimum efficiency.
1. Invest in the right home office equipment
Whilst it may be tempting to splurge on unnecessary home office décor, the essentials such as a good desk, a comfortable chair with sufficient back support and room with proper lighting should be a top priority. However, the most important piece of equipment you’ll need is a laptop or computer. You may be thinking the one you use to do your online groceries is sufficient for your workload however you need to consider the reliability, memory, and performance of your current equipment before you get down to work.
2. Correct software
In addition to this, you’ll also need to ensure you have access to any specialised tools and software that are key to your role. It’s also important to check that your current equipment is both able to support the software performance wise and that you are able to install it in the first place.
3. A fast Internet connection
The Internet is one of the most essential tools used by individuals and businesses daily. We rely on the Internet to give us an abundance of resources and information in just a few clicks. However, even the simplest of tasks can be made frustrating with slow download speeds.
So where can Smart help?
- We offer both short and long-term rentals from just 1 day upwards. Our rentals include both laptops and desktops including Apple, HP, Acer, Toshiba, and Fujitsu. All our products come in a range of different specs to ensure you choose the rental that has the correct storage and memory you need.
- For rentals over a 3 month period, we offer unlimited remote support from our IT experts worth £12.50 +VAT per month. So if for any reason you have an issue, we will have you back up and running to ensure you have minimal downtime.
- We will install your software for you. All our computers are fitted with Windows 10, however, should you need it we can install windows 7 at a small fee. If you have software packages you need installed on our equipment we can also do this for you. Alternatively, you can install all of your much-needed programmes onto all our rentals.
- Our flexible rental payments are fully tax deductible.
- We can even conduct an Internet connection audit based on your requirements and location and advise you on the best service that suits your requirements and budget.
You can TRY before you buy. Before you commit to any purchase or rental agreement our ‘Proof of Concept’ computer rental means you ensure that our product fits with your workload and business needs and we can even come and install it for you!