1st Line Support Technician
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Working hours: Monday to Thursday 9.00am – 5.30pm, Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm
Start Date: ASAP
Our client base is growing and as a result, we’re on the lookout for an entry level 1st Line Support Technician to join our busy team.
We have a new opportunity for a 1st Line Support Technician to join our dynamic and friendly team based in Cheltenham. This is an exciting time for Smart Computers as we continue to grow in our 22nd year of business.
As the successful 1st Line Support Technician you’ll be responsible for acting as first point of contact for a vast range of remote helpdesk requests.
The 1st Line Support Technician will be responsible for the administration and maintenance of IT accounts and will act as an escalation point to resolver groups as and when appropriate. As the 1st Line Support Technician you should be able to work well under your own initiative and have a proactive attitude to work.
As the successful 1st Line Support Technician you will be key in answering phone calls in a confident, professional, friendly and polite manner whilst building relationships with our team members and our customers.
Key skills needed for the 1st Line Support Technician:
- The drive and aptitude to work in a fast-paced IT environment
- A background within 1st line support is preferred but not essential as on the job training will be provided
- Hardware and software experience and/or knowledge
- The ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- A passion for technology, with a keenness to learn new skills
- Excellent communication skills and confident speaking to new people
- Friendly, patient and approachable attitude
- A full driving licence would be preferred as there may be some client visits, but not essential
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious 1st line Support Technician to join a successful company that always works with the latest, cutting-edge technology. It is an exciting time of growth and this role offers fantastic career and training opportunities for the right person.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.
No agencies please.